This set of pages has been set up by Dr. Helen Barrett to focus on the use of WordPress to create ePortfolios. On this site, there are instructions on how to use the different elements of WordPress to maintain e-portfolios.
In addition to WordPress.com, an implementation of the WordPress software has been offered to educators, edublogs.org. The service is free for individual accounts, but schools can adopt the Edublogs Campus for a fee.
I have also set up a Google Group to discuss the implementation of ePortfolios in K12 schools using WordPress/Edublogs.
* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/wordpress-eportfolios
* Group email address firstname.lastname@example.org
I am hoping that other K-12 educators can join the group, and share their experiences developing ePortfolios with these free online tools.
- Lizabeth’s Portfolio (UBC) with standards-based blog entries (using UBC server)
- Graduate Student’s portfolio (SPU) with standards-based blog entries organized by categories (using WordPress.com)
- Dr. Barrett’s professional portfolio without blog entries (organized using pages and sub-pages using WordPress.com)